Intern John's weekly updated gallery of his dog, Chuy
Forbes has put out their list of the highest paid musicians for 2013
Can you guess which is an IUD and which is a car?
The toys kids are requesting most this year are things with names like Furby Boom, Teksta Robotic puppy, and LeapPad Ultra. I don't even know what to make of that.
A website called MyHeritage wanted to figure out the ten most wanted Christmas toys from 100 years ago . . . so they dug through actual kids' letters to Santa that newspapers published in 1913.
And the top 10 they came up with shows kids in 1913 had MUCH simpler requests. Check it out . . .
3. A rocking horse.
5. Mittens or gloves.
6. A toy train.
10. Ice Skates.
And the top 10 THIS year are:
1. The Furby Boom.
2. Teksta Robotic Puppy.
3. The LeapPad Ultra.
4. The Flying Fairy.
5. Big Hugs Elmo.
6. Barbie Dream House.
7. Giggly Monkey.
8. Nerf Gun.
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Danni posted this to Instagram and it caused a frenzy! Turns out she's not preggers, just proud of her bod
(screenshot by john)
Nate Hill is making a stir on the internet by wearing white women as scarves! The full story here
PAULA ABDUL lied to us! Opposites only SORT OF attract.
According to a study by eHarmony, opposites INITIALLY attract . . . but ultimately they make horrible couples who end up hating each other.
At first, people are drawn to someone different than them. It's exciting and challenging and adventurous.
But over time, once you settle in as a couple, your opposite personalities clash HARD.
So, even though this isn't a particularly SEXY conclusion, you're better off getting into a relationship with someone whose personality is like yours.
The next time you're hanging out at Happy Hour and you notice you're not getting HAPPY, watch out for your bartender. Here are four tricks some bartenders use to keep from giving you the alcohol you paid for.
1. Switching out expensive booze for the cheap stuff. Some bars will take an empty bottle of expensive liquor and pour a cheaper brand into it. You're more likely to get ripped off on something like vodka, as opposed to whisky, which has more flavor.
2. The "short pour." Using crushed ice instead of cubed ice gives the illusion that the drink has more alcohol. If they start a drink off with crushed ice, they can pour less alcohol into it.
3. The "long pour." This is that thing where they lift the bottle high above their heads while they pour. It looks like they're doing something special for you, and you're getting a stronger drink. But it's a distraction so they can pour a WEAKER one.
4. The "sneaky pour." They hold the bottle out over your cup for a really long time, so it looks like they're pouring a lot of liquor. But they're holding a finger over the air hole on the spout, so that the liquor comes out in a trickle.
Best way to avoid a rip-off? Stick to bottled beer.